Here's a chance to participate in a food drive AND get to see what happens to the donated food! Here's how it works:
- As a family, get a box of food together (from your pantry or the store). To make it fun, have each kid bring the same number of food items as their age!
- Meet on February 7th at 4pm at the food bank (770 Bailey Hill Road) for a tour! Kids will get to weigh the food they bring in and then learn all about where the food goes and how it's distributed.
Wondering what to bring? Here's what the food bank is in need of:
- Canned meats (tuna, chicken, salmon, corned beef)
- Low-sugar fruit, dried fruit, jams and jellies, unsweetened apple sauce
- Canned and dried beans (pinto, navy, kidney, refried)
- Canned stew, chili, hearty soups and broth
- Pasta, rice, cereal, corn meal
- Cooking oil and olive oil
- Canned tomato products (whole, paste, spaghetti sauce)
- Spices and sauces (mole, enchilada sauce, cumin, chilies)
- We do not accept homemade products. We do accept fresh and frozen foods.
Sign up so we can give FOOD for Lane County an idea of how many people will be coming: