Fall 2015 Newsletter
For those who aren't on our email list, here's a copy of our fall newsletter we sent out last week. Would you like to be on our list? Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fall 2015 Newsletter
Hi Friends of Little Hands Can!
It has been a pleasure getting Little Hands Can off the ground and running. Nearly 200 people have participated in Little Hands Can events and we’ve received only positive feedback. Little Hands Can is excited to continue these endeavors! In this fall newsletter, we recap summer high-lights and get you excited for the upcoming fall events.
Recap of Summer
- Our summer started off with three events at Old School Eugene Summer camps. We made dog toys for Greenhill, friendship bracelets for kids in Haiti, and rhythm sticks for kids in Guatemala.
- We had three LHC in the park events. At the first event we made first aid kits for the local homeless shelter. At the other events we made placemats for the Meals on Wheels program.
- We were invited to attend the Barnes and Noble Minion Party where we made decorations for the children’s hospital.
- We had one LHC Help Around Town event where we helped harvest vegetables at the FOOD for Lane County Grassroots Garden.
Exciting Plans for Fall
- You are invited to come to a free Little Hands Can public event
- October 24th 4-6pm – We will be making Veteran’s Day cards for the Eugene Mission. Ballet Northwest Academy will be hosting the event.
- November 4th 4-6pm– Old School Eugene will host an event where we fun kids gloves for children in need.
- We also have plans in November to help the Eugene Mission get ready for Thanksgiving and in December to go caroling. Check our website for details on the times and dates of these activities!
- We are excited for our new partnership with Cornerstone Community Housing. We will have fall events in each of their locations during the month of November.
- You are invited to come to the Little Hands Can fall fundraisers! We love keeping our events free for all kids to participate, but we need the funds to sustain them! We’d also love to have funding to have even more events. Here are the fall fundraisers:
- December 12th 9-11:30am – Breakfast with Santa Fundraiser sponsored by Old School Eugene! Join us for a morning of fun! We’ll have breakfast, take pictures with Santa, do some service crafts and even do some crafts to bring home. Check out our website for details!
- Need your presents wrapped? We’ll be giftwrapping all day at Barnes and Noble on December 19th. Want to volunteer to wrap presents? Email email@example.com with the time you’d be available to wrap and we’ll put you on the schedule!
Want Little Hands Can to come to your event? We’d love to join! Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 541.653.9638 for more details!
- We attend parties! Want to add an element of service to a birthday party, a work party or just throw a service party for your kids? Contact us with details of the venue and how many people will be in attendance and we can provide options and pricing!
- We attend school, camp, or daycare! Want to have a service project during the day with your students? Let us know what kind of program you’re involved in and we can tell you the pricing and make it happen!
- We can create an afterschool program at your school! Our Little Hands Can After School Program is a once a week activity session for kids to do service projects like the ones listed above. Interested in implementing this at your school, daycare or other type of venue? Contact us and we’ll send you a sample lesson plan and more details!
- We can provide supplies in a ready to go format and a lesson plan for you to create your own LHC event. Contact us for pricing and details!
Want to get involved?
- We are currently looking for new board members. This is a volunteer position. Main responsibilities include fundraising. Board members will be expected to attend quarterly meetings and assist with fundraising. Want to apply to be a board member? Send us an inquiry at email@example.com and we’ll talk about the options.
- We are continually in need of volunteers. Volunteers can help facilitate activities at events, help prepare for events, blog, or assist in community outreach. You can volunteer for one specific event or become a permanent volunteer. Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested!
- We are continually in need of donations! Our most recent event cost approximately $60 ($40 to rent the pavilion at the park and $20 worth of supplies). We want to keep having free events open to children, but we have very limited funding. You can donate as little or as much as you want. Any bit counts! Donate by clicking here or by clicking on the “DONATE” button on our website at littlehandscan.org. You can also mail in checks to 2410 Gilham Road Eugene, OR 97408.
- Want to be an intern? We have recently received approval from UO to hire interns! Send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com if you’re interested! Interns will receive course credit for their work at LHC. Here’s a description of the two internships we have available::
- A social media intern would work closely with a supervisor to update and maintain all social media outlets. They would update and maintain our facebook page and pinterest accounts, set up and maintain an Instagram account, and utilize all public advertising outlets (such as gomomgo and lanekids).
- An on site intern would work closely with a supervisor to plan and coordinate activities. They would also come to activities and facilitate discussions and help the children complete the tasks.
This is an exciting time for Little Hands Can! We hope that LHC continues to grow and that more kids get the chance to serve their community!
Miriam and Mandi
The Little Hands Can team