Work Schedule: Flexible. May be asked to provide a 15-minute report on grant status at the monthly Board of Director meeting. These are held on the last Wednesday of the month at 6pm PT. Attend via online conferencing or at our Eugene, OR location.
Hours: Flexible, but a commitment of at least 10 - 15 hours per month is necessary.
Compensation: Volunteer but think of the kids you’re helping!!
Employment Start Date: ASAP
Employment End Date: N/A
Want to make a difference in the lives of children? Want to be a part of an organization that teaches children to look beyond themselves and become socially responsible individuals? Little Hands Can is a non-profit located in Eugene, Oregon that cultivates opportunities for youth to give back to their community through simple acts of service.
LHC is seeking qualified, enthusiastic individuals to join our grant writing team. We are a young organization and the majority of our funding will result from awarded grants. That means you are key to our success! We need grant writers to;
- Research and summarize new grant opportunities.
- Utilize Google Spreadsheets to track potential grant opportunities, opportunities we are applying to, and current funders.
- Record, track and monitor upcoming grant deadlines and application readiness.
- Develop strategies to engage potential and current funders through social media and communicate strategies with our social media volunteers.
- Draft grant proposals, letters of inquiry, and progress reports.
- Participating in regular status meetings with the Grants Team.
- Post grant award: Track statistics relevant to development and report metrics and data to donors as needed
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills Required:
- Grant writing, or equivalent experience.
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Able to keep track of multiple deadlines.
- Proficient in Google Docs and Google Spreadsheet.
- Interested in collaborating with other volunteers and staff members.
- Ability to commit 4+ hours a week
A passion for our mission, willingness to positively increase LHC’s visibility, and spearheading fundraising through grant-writing are paramount to our success. If you are interested in joining our dynamic and growing team and can fulfill the job requirements, please respond by answering the following questions;
Little Hands Can bring a smile to others in their family, their local community, and around the world through simple acts of service. Come serve with us!